Monday, September 3, 2012

Horses

I want to share something that I learned last week. I learned about horses.
Actually, there are several terms that we should know about horses. 

Species                          -horses
Group                            -band
Adjective                       -equine
Genus & species            -Equus caballus
Act of parturition            -foaling
General term for young   -foal
Young male                    -colt
Young female                 -filly
Mature male                   -stallion
Mature female                -mare
Castrated male               -gelding  

So, we cannot simply call a horse as horse =)

There are several breeds that I learned.


1) American Quarter Horse


2) American Saddelbred

3) Appaloosa

4) Arabian

5) Morgan

6) Standardbred

7) Tennessee Walking Horse

8)Thoroughbred

9) Paint and Pinto (overo)

10) Paint and Pinto (tobiano)

11) Palomino

Learning about horses was very interesting for me. I never ride them and I feel excited to try, at least once.





No comments:

Post a Comment