Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Fishing!!

Last Saturday, my friends and I went fishing at one dam in Columbus. That was the first time we fishing in United States.
Before that, we bought fishing rod and fishing stuffs on Thursday. Actually, this is one of the activity that we planned to do for Fall break. We were very excited to try this fishing activity.
We move from Starkville to Columbus at 7.15 a.m and arrived there around 7.45 am. One of the best thing was, we did not check the weather forecast and temperature outside before we move. So, I did not bring any sweater. Last Saturday was freaking cold, plus the strong wind was increasing the coldness. Luckily, my friend has one extra sweater in his car.
The strong wind really did not help us to catch any fish. I lost two hooks and baits because they were stuck at the rocks in the water.
Two hours later, around 11 am, we changed location to Noxubee. The wind still strong, but better than Columbus. Unfortunately, the fishes there were not hungry at that time. So, we went home without any fish.
me

my friends

But for me, it was very interesting experience because I learned how to use the fishing rod successfully, after failed many time. The rod that I use is the one that the professional fisher use, so, as a beginner, I quite proud of myself. Then, I realized that fishing really need us to be very patient especially when the hook stuck on wood or we see somebody get the fish while we don't.
We are planning to go to Noxubee again this Saturday, depends on the weather. Hopefully, we will have a better luck.



Sorry that this week no post related to farm.. have a nice day =)

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you enjoyed your first U.S. fishing experience. Watch out for alligators at Noxubee! :)

    ReplyDelete